The transition from baby to toddler is a beautiful process. Not only are their habits changing, but also their eating patterns. This is the perfect time to introduce some yummy and healthy food choices to their menu; you are going to introduce some new foods that consists of more than two ingredients. Here are some of the tried and tested recipes that you can blindly trust for your one year old. You can also get them new plates and spoons and forks to make the meal more colorful and delicious, take a look.
Spinach is full of iron and you are going to give your baby a full healthy meal. The things you need are;
10 0z. Chopped boiled spinach
2/3 cup chopped cottage cheese
1 egg yolk
Flour for dusting
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
– Squeeze the spinach to drain out all the water.
– Mix all the ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
– Now make balls with small ice cream spoons.
– Place on a tray lined with wax paper. Dust the balls with flour.
– Place them in the oven for 20-25 minutes until firm to touch.
– Try this out for a healthy spinach ball recipe with a twist.
Potatoes have always been the favorite food of most of the babies. You can never go wrong with this recipe. You will need;
1 cup boiled and mashed potatoes
Half cup Parmesan cheese
A pinch of salt
– Mix mashed potatoes, cheese and salt together.
– Whisk the egg.
– Now make patties of potato mixture.
– Heat butter in a pan.
– Dip each patty in egg and shallow fry in butter.
– Take out in a plate when golden brown from both sides.
Pasta in bean sauce
Healthy and tasty do not usually go hand in hand, but this bean recipe will surely be liked by your baby. Just get;
White beans puree half tin
4 tablespoon milk
1 cup boiled pasta
– Mix white beans puree and milk together.
– Pour the above mixture over boiled pasta.
– Watching your baby eating pasta for the first time can be the funniest experience of your life but watching the baby eat spaghetti for the first time, ohh!!! You just cannot forget it.
Your baby has already tasted the chicken, now it is time to introduce him to fish. These fish strips are a safe bet for any picky eater. Your baby would love it. You will make it with;
1 salmon fish filet
2 tablespoon milk
Half cup whole wheat flour
Half cup crushed organic potato chips
– Preheat the oven at 425 degrees F.
– Cut the salmon fillet into 1 inch strips.
– Whisk the egg and milk together.
– Coat the fish strips in flour, dip them in egg and then coat in crushed potatoes.
– Bake for 6-8 minutes.
Duck shaped healthy pizza
You cannot simply offer your one year old a pizza with a lot of ingredients. These mini healthy pizza ducks will be your baby’s first introduction to the pizza. The ingredients are;
2 whole wheat bread slices
1 tablespoon tomato puree
A few diced black olives
And a duck shape cookie cutter.
– Cut the whole wheat slices with cookie cutter and make little ducks.
– Spread tomato puree over the ducks.
– Sprinkle crushed mozzarella cheese over the ducks.
– Put a few diced olives on each duck.
– Heat the oven on 350 degrees F.
– Place the ducks on a tray and place them in the oven until cheese melt.
If you are interested in more toddler recipes make sure to check out lifewithlittleman.com
I have a 6th bonus recipe that I cannot take credit for but it’s super delicious, make sure to try Kimberly’s Oreo Christmas cookies recipe Yummy!
Moms, please do try these recipes and let me know the feedback from your baby.